Find Your Perfect Home
If you are in the market for your perfect rental home, you have come to the right place. As a prospective tenant, we can help you through the process of finding and applying for the home of your dreams. Once you are a resident, we have a suite of tools to make your rental experience the best it can be.
Resources to Make Your Stay Comfortable
For our current residents we have a complete set of tools and procedures to make your stay with us more comfortable and rewarding. Use our website to submit any maintenance requests, pay your rent, or just to drop us a line. We love to hear from our residents.
Links and Resources
Screening and Qualifying the Tenant(s) for Residential Properties:
- We are available 7 days a week via appointment to show available rentals to perspective tenants. A photo ID is also required.
- An inquiring tenant (or a person on their behalf) MUST view the inside of a property BEFORE their application will be considered. If you cannot make yourself available to view the property you can send a friend or family member in your absence.
- We only accept our online applications. If you need assistance in completing an application we are happy to help. We do not accept any 3rd party applications. You must also pay the $30 application fee online immediately following the submittal of your application via credit/debit card or bank account otherwise your application will not be submitted to us.
- All tenant screenings are treated equally and include the following process and minimum screening requirements:
- A prospective tenant (or the tenant’s designated party) must view the inside of a property BEFORE rental rates will be discussed.
- Any person over the age of 18 or emancipated must complete a rental application with a photo ID. The application fee is $30 per person (and $30 additional for each co-signer).
- Gross income must be equal to or greater than 3 times the amount of the rental rate. All income must be verifiable (examples may include: pay stubs, tax return, signed and dated letter from employer). If a co-signer is used, their income must be equal to or greater than 5 times the amount of the rental rate in order to meet minimum qualifications. If you are retaining your current residence in addition to the property you are applying for, that mortgage or rent will be deducted from your gross income and the difference will be considered your qualifying income (3x’s the rent).
- Although we like to see good credit, we do not require a certain credit score. We take the entire credit report and history into account and compare it to current accounts/status. Co-signers must have excellent credit. We typically do not accept applicants with accounts in collections or with past due balances. Applicants with housing subsidies may have an alternate option from credit reports should they provide lawful, verifiable alternative evidence of the applicant's ability to pay the portion of the rent to be paid by the tenant. Alternate options may include government benefit payment, payment record, or bank statements.
- Applicants must have excellent rental history. We like to see a minimum of 5 years. This is verified through prior landlords/references.
- Applicants must be prepared to produce requested and necessary documentation to verify their income, obtain credit and verify rental history in order for application to be complete. Should applicant fail to provide required documentation in a timely fashion, property manager may cancel your application. There is an exception to this rule where an applicant elects to provide alternative verification of ability to pay the rent instead of allowing the landlord to run a credit report, the property manager will provide the applicant time to provide the information and reasonably consider that information in lieu of credit history.
- Applicants must be ready and willing to accept the property and start paying rent on the soonest date that it is available, or the agreed upon date. Properties will not be held for extended periods of time.
- Pet policies will vary for each property. A current photo of the pet is required. We also like to meet the pet if possible.
- All of our properties are SMOKE/VAPE FREE. Both interiors and exteriors.
- After the screening process is complete and a tenant is selected, the following will be completed:
- Execution of the lease agreement, addendums, disclosures and Security Deposit funds to be paid within 2 business days following approval. Property will remain on the market and continue to be shown until lease is signed.
- First month’s rent is to be paid by cashier’s check or money order before keys are provided (personal checks and cash are not accepted for move-in funds).
- All utility accounts, where applicable, must be transferred into Tenant’s name as of the date of possession. Tenant must provide proof of renter’s insurance as well.
- Move-in/condition inventory checklist and photos performed by the designated property manager.
Residential Tenant Information:
- The below information is provided to inform prospective tenants about specific concerns in the Nevada County and Placer County regions. Information retrieved by Nevada County Association of Realtors Nevada County Addendum, California
Association of Realtors Statewide Buyer and Seller Advisory and from our own experience working in the industry.
- Hi Speed Internet Access: Prospective Tenants are advised that access to Hi Speed Internet through phone, cable or satellite may not be available in all parts of Nevada County and Placer County or may have limited speeds available. Tenant is advised to investigate access to Hi Speed Internet even if service is currently being provided to the particular property in question if access is critical to Tenant’s decision regarding a particular property. You can check availability here: https://www.broadbandmap.ca.gov
- Mining: The Sierra Nevada foothills are a mining area. Any property may have past or current ongoing mining activity, either surface or sub-surface. Many abandoned mine shafts, adits and mine tunnel air holes can be found in the Sierra Nevada foothills. Not all of these have been sealed, covered or blocked from access by the public or animals and have been known to collapse. You may contact the Environmental Protection Agency for further information at 916.323.2514 or go online at www.calepa.ca.gov.
- Burning: Prospective Tenants are advised that Nevada County allows burning of yard debris on permissible burn days. There may be days when the air is filled with smoke. Tenant understands that it is out of property owner’s or landlord’s control to avoid these air quality conditions.
- Wildlife: The nature of the surroundings attract wild animals that are native to the Nevada County and Placer County areas. Tenant is advised to use their discretion to act accordingly to prevent intrusions from wildlife.